List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] Sound server
From:       Sergio <Serge.Coche () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-10-17 22:45:22

Mr. Guislain a écrit :
> Hi!>>Installed KDE 3.1 on Solaris 10.>>When I start KDE a window comes up \
> saying:>>Device /dev/audio can't be opened (No such file or directory)>>Why?>>What \
> is wrong?>  >Mmh... No good...
Seems not a kde related problem : for be sure, first verify that you have or not a \
/dev/audio character device, normally a link to \
/devices/pci@0,0/pci4005,4005@1f,5:sound,audio or similar. If not, the entire machine \
has no sound, except if you have installed OSS. Try to recreate the link, but \
/devices/pci.....:sound,audio itself is only generated by the installation of the \
OS...

Good luck
Sergio