This is the benchmark, and these are the results. If you consider the benchmark invalid, you should explain why it is invalid, and why calculating a fibonacci number recursively would be biased towards the Sun compiler as opposed to GCC. Incidentally, Sun's own benchmarks show the same performance (33%) improvement. The benchmark was not run by me, since i dont have a Solaris x86 box. Stating "this benchmark is invalid because it doesn't validate my personal beliefs" is a personal opinion, not a a factual observation. I like getting things done too. If i can get these things done 33% faster, even better. ;-) --Stefan ----- On Wednesday 24 November 2004 03:28, Christopher Layne wrote: > Forte is so great a compiler that it is 33% faster on a > CPU architecture that Sun has, comparitively, less experience on > than gcc? > > I'm just not buying it - nor am I really buying this form of > benchmarking. A single fibonacci run-through is not enough. > > Regardless, at the end of the day - I want to get things done. > > -cl > -- Stefan Teleman 'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition' steleman@nyc.rr.com -Monty Python ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde-solaris mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-solaris. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.