List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] [preannouncement] KDE 3.3.1 Solaris 8/9 SPARC Forte
From:       Aaron Williams <aaron_williams () net ! com>
Date:       2004-11-02 6:05:29

Stefan Teleman wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I will upload the Forte 9 build packages for the full KDE 3.3.1 +
>KDevelop 3.1.1 + KOffice 1.3.4 this coming weekend. I am later than
>usual because i have spent quite a bit of time patching some things
>and testing them thoroughly.
>
>A small preview of what's new in this release:
>
>- kdemultimedia is fixed -- you can now listen to mp3 or ogg files
>with Noatun or Juk, and you can use ogg files as KDE events sounds
>- support for SASL2, LDAP2, Kerberos 5 and SNMP
>- numerous bug fixes and enhancements
>- UTF-8 support
>
>The good news: if you have already installed my 3.3.0 packages, you do
>not need to reinstall the huge kderequired package. Only the four
>very small packages for SASL, LDAP, Kerberos and SNMP need to be
>installed.
>
>Source code patches will be available as usual.
>
>--Stefan

Any chance of your patches getting checked in?  Also, what version of
Forte are you using?  Do you see much performance difference when
compiling with Forte?  Note I am running 3.3.1 compiled with gcc 3.3.4
and have just recompiled with -mcpu=v9 and -O3 which makes a huge
difference in some cases (Tyler is *much* faster with -mcpu=v9).

BTW, I also have patches to get the 'Tyler' visualization plugin working
on Solaris.

Also, what directories do you install everything under?

-Aaron