List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    [kde-solaris] arts-1.3.{0,1} on Solaris
From:       "James F. Hranicky" <jfh () cise ! ufl ! edu>
Date:       2004-10-20 17:48:20

Has anyone run into a problem with arts on Solaris? When I run this

 artsplay somefile.ogg

I get basically a loud scratchy sound with lots of static -- the actual
sound can barely be heard at the very end. Changing the volume with
artscontrol doesn't help.

FWIW, I compiled KDE33 myself using gcc/g++. I did this with 3.2.2 and
had no problems (the 3.2.2 dist still works fine).

I tried running Stefan's compiled version, but artsd seems to get stuck
in loops doing

 ioctl(fd, AUDIO_GETINFO, &auinfo)

when started up by itself (I haven't fully installed Stefan's version). The
suns I've tried have been SunBlade 1500's.

Any clues would be great.

Jim