List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] FIONREAD undeclared in kdelib/kdecore/network
From:       Dan Rawson <Daniel.Rawson () asml ! com>
Date:       2004-08-23 10:03:56

OK, thanks . . .

Patched and  built . . . .

Dan

Christopher Layne wrote:
> It's a bug.
>
> Forgot the number off hand. But go to bugs.kde.org and search on
> FIONREAD.
>
> I submitted a patch a few weeks ago, still not integrated.
>
> Just add:
>
> #include <sys/filio.h>
>
> to ksocketdevice.cpp
>
> You may also run into serious issues with building kdm as well - some
> which may require just removing it from the makefiles altogether.
>
> -cl
>
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 01:26:47PM -0400, Dan Rawson wrote:
>
> > I'm building KDE 3.3 on Solaris 8 with gcc 3.2.2
> >
> > kdelibs/kdecore/network/ksocketdevice.cpp fails to compile because
> > FIONREAD is undefined (line 364)
> >
> > The FIONREAD macro is defined in /usr/include/sys/filio.h.  This
> > only gets included (from ioctl.h) if BSD_COMP is defined.
> >
> > If I manually add -DBSD_COMP to the makefile in that directory, it
> > builds fine.  3.2.3 built fine, but it looks like the network code
> > is either new or moved.  The old kdecore/kextsock.cpp has a note
> > "TODO: FIONREAD ioctl", but that's it . . .
> >
> > Questions: 1.  Is it a bug <g>? 2.  I don't really know much about
> > network code.  What problems will I introduce with this solution?
> > 3.  Is there a better solution??
> >
> > TIA . . .
> >
> > Dan

The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential \
and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any \
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not \
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this \
message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. ASML is neither \
liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this \
communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.