List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] Re: KDE 3.2 CVS: starting konqueror via dcop -> core
From:       "Philippe Bourdeu d'Aguerre" <bda () aime ! insa-tlse ! fr>
Date:       2004-01-26 8:07:36

On vendredi 23 Janvier 2004 22:59, Torsten Kasch wrote:
> Hmmm, do you have some X11 libraries and/or headers other than those from
> Sun on your system (e.g. XFree)? When checking my x86 system again I found
> that I'm not only using the XFree server but (unintentionally) linked
> qt/kde against these libraries :-/ So I'm suspecting this might be the
> reason why its working there...

No XFree here. Only libtiff.so lib is duplicate from CSW.

> Besides, I've found a gdb that produces some more useful debug output (see
> below). While browsing through Qt's code this suggests to me that it may be
> in fact a Qt problem (or some bug in Sun's X11/XIM code which is triggered
> by Qt). I'm currently recompiling Qt with QT_NO_XIM defined to see if this
> makes any difference...

I made QT with:
./configure -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -platform
solaris-g++ -prefix $qtdir -no-nis -qt-gif -system-zlib -system-libjpeg
-system-libpng -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl -no-g++-exceptions

Perhaps a SUN patch is needed. I get Recommeded patches a month ago.
--
Philippe BOURDEU d'AGUERRE