List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    [kde-solaris] question on compiling
From:       Darrell Esau <Darrell.Esau () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2003-12-08 19:03:37

Hello all,

General question here.

I'm compiling KDE on sparc/solaris into a directory in my home directory..
call it:

/home/me/KDE32B2

Everything compiles fine -- and works great when I run startkde (i'm using
gcc)

however -- I want to be able to tar up the entire directory and move it to
another place.. call it:

/home/you/KDE32B2

When I do this, kde won't start because of thousands of links to
'/home/me/KDE32B2'

Is there a way to tell gcc not to do this?  Is this possible?

Thanks,