List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] Solaris and KDE
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-29 9:05:49

Hi Stefan,

I am very sad to here that. Did you talk to sysadmin@kde.org  or
ftpadmin@kde.org about that? I'd like to hear their reasoning.

There was an earlier case similar to that and I remember and when I asked they
argued, that there was a security issue and no updates available  (I think it
was about version 3.0.1 or so). So they said - people should not rely on
dangerous packages, which is indeed an argument which has its points.

Security and other packaging issues are being discussed at the non-public list
kde-packagers@kde.org. Are you subscribed to this list? If you are packaging
KDE regularely, you should definitily be subscribed there.

Still I am very sure, this issue will be resolved soon. I cannot imagine, that
someone in KDE is not interested in the solaris platform. I am sure there is
some valid reason for this or it happened by accident.

Greetings,
eva