List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    [kde-solaris] unistd.h conflicts with QT classes?
From:       Darrell Esau <Darrell.Esau () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2002-07-23 21:48:35

Hello all,

I'm still in the progress of trying to make 3.1 Alpha1 work with Sparc/Solaris
8.

I've got most of everything compiled, but I'm having a bear of a time on
kdenetwork.

The problem is that many of the methods defined from QT seem to be conflicting
with functions defined in unistd.h

One example is QString::truncate(int)

There's a truncate function in unistd.h, and it seems to be interfering with
the QT methods.

When I try to compile, I get many errors such as:
kmmainwin.cpp: In method `void KMMainWin::displayStatusMsg(const QString &)':
kmmainwin.cpp:718: no matching function for call to `QString::truncate64
(unsigned int)'

Now .. if you go to line 718 in kmmainwin.cpp, you'll find that it's not
calling truncate64(), but rather truncate().  I have no idea why g++ is
thinking it's trying to call truncate64.

Any ideas?

On some of these classes, I can comment out the #include <unistd.h>.. as they
don't really need it.  When I do, it'll compile... unfortunately, some of
these classes require it.

Thanks,