List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    [kde-solaris] dtlogin and screenlock
From:       Pär Aronsson <par.aronsson () nohup ! se>
Date:       2002-07-23 14:50:37

Hi all,

The distributed KDE 3.0.1 for Solaris is working extremely well I think,
much better than previous releases.

I have some suggestions to remedy some of the confusion regarding
dtlogin and screenlocking. Hope I haven't misunderstood anything, this
works in my environment anyway.

* dtlogin
Together with the pkg's and the other stuff there is a directory named
etc, containing files for dtlogin. This leads to thinking that the files
should be added to /etc/dt and below. But in the configuration files
there are search paths to /usr/dt and below. I've added two diffs that
will take care of that, please take note that libpng must be in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or the runtime linker. If not - no splash - no kde :-(
So some hacking might be required on the behalf of the admin.

* screenlock
Some fine examples of crle(1) (configure runtime linking environment)
can be found at
http://supportforum.sun.com/freesolaris/techfaqs.html?techfaqs_3057,
manpage at http://docs.sun.com/?q=crle&p=/doc/816-3318/6m9jv8aeq&a=view.

Maybe the links could be added to the INSTALL document in the
WARNING: if you rely on LD_LIBRARY_PATH ... paragraph.

// Pär Aronsson