I had the same problem in KMail. I'm using Eva's packages on Solaris 8. Since this is only a problem with existing KDE2 messages, a quick and dirty workaround is Edit->Search Messages->Search in all local folders->Search. Once it has found all your messages, the subject lines will be fixed. -- John Vestrum Assistant Systems Administrator Ordway Center for the Performing Arts jvestrum@ordway.org On Monday 22 July 2002 08:35 am, Antony Gelberg wrote: > Hi all, > > Everything is looking pretty hunky-dory at the moment, thanks for the help > that's been given to build the thing... > > I have a strange kmail problem. When I use it in KDE3, my subject lines > for existing (KDE2) messages are all in strange characters (squares and > others). When I click on the subject to view the message, the font corrects > itself and is ok for subsequent viewing of that message. Incoming messages > are ok. Has anyone any idea what is wrong here? > > Couple more questions - does switching anti-aliasing on have any effect on > the Solaris 8 X server? > > Finally, does KAB / KMail have LDAP support? I thought it was meant to be > in this release (3.0.2) but can't find it - I have built and linked > openldap. > > Tony ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde-solaris mailing list. Account management: http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-solaris. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.