List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    [kde-solaris] KDE 3.02 for X86
From:       Ron Southworth <RSouthworth () bigpond ! com>
Date:       2002-07-14 0:17:13

Hello Has anyone compiled KDE 3.02 for X86 Yet ? I have managed to compile and
get it running but I am still working on getting all the packages compiled
and debugged. I am finding most of the problems are that I have not got the
right package version or install directory for any of the required librarys
or packages.

There was a discussion on the /tmp/.ICE-unix directory causing the dcop server
to fail to load (after  a root session in my case) I was hoping that the
latest solaris 8 patch release  would fix this "problem"  but it does not
appear to do so unless I have missed a patch. Could anybody inform me of the
solution to clearing this directory, I seem to recall mention of the ICE
librarys or some such thing.

Ron