List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] KDE 3 and Solaris compile issues.
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <snowwolf () one2one-networks ! com>
Date:       2002-07-11 8:14:20

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 00:28, Laramie Leavitt wrote:
> I am attempting to compile KDE 3 with the Sun Forte 6 compiler and have
> run into some linking issues.  Has anyone successfully compiled KDE
> using this compiler?

Only arts and parts of kdelibs (dcop, kdecore, kdeui, kio and kparts). I am
still working on it..

> Specifically, to get things very far at all, I have to use the line:
>
> CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -fast -library=Crun,Cstd
>
> And then arts fails in the gsl directory with a multiply linked symbol.
> If I omit the -library= portion of the link line, then it fails when
> linking mcop (I can successfully link manually)

You can fix it manually, I can't remember what you need to change, but it has
something to do with a some borken C-Flags (gsl thinks some functions are
missing from libc that are really there, and then tries to replace them) The
easiest "solution" is to add -zmuldefs to the linking phase. (the only files
that has this error are tests, and it doesnt break them)

Also when you get to kdelibs you need to edit the generated libtool and remove
support for --no-undefined. Just search for "-znodefs" and change it to "".
The reason is that libtool do not support --no-undefined for gcc and KDE thus
uses the flag in way that is incompatible with Sun Forte where libtool
supports it. (I have had a long discussion with coolo about it, but I think
we talked completely past eachother)

There was another one who reported he got all of kdelibs to compile, but I
dont know how he did it. This is just some of the problems I have
encountered.