List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] very long delays in starting applications etc.
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-19 7:36:37

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 01:24, Michael Mounteney wrote:
> A problem which has always afflicted my KDE installations.  Delays of
> sometimes a minute or more in opening applications, or even in apparently
> random freezes.  This happened with Sun-supplied KDE 2.2.1 and 2.2.2
> packages, and is now affecting Eva's kindly-supplied 3.0.1 packages.
>
> KDE is using Qt 3.0.4 downloaded direct from Trolltech.

The issue with Qt 3.0.4 is known, that is why I supplied Qt 3.0.3, the correct
options for configuration can be found in the file 'BuildInstructions'.

Another reason for delays might be a very long LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable
with paths on slow filesystems. You might want to customize crle (use 'man
crle' to learn more).

Greetings,
eva