List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] Konqueror with SSL doesn't work.
From:       "Philippe Bourdeu d'Aguerre" <bda () aime ! insa-tlse ! fr>
Date:       2002-06-03 15:53:10

On Lundi 3 Juin 2002 11:13, Rajiv Mordani wrote:
> Hi All,
> 	Whenever I try to use Konqueror with a SSL url it gives me an
> error dialog box - "protocol died unexpectedly" or something of that sort.
> I have installed openssl and have even put it in the configuration of
> konqueror. When I hit the test button it says that the ssl libraries are
> loaded successfully however it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions??
>
> - Rajiv

I had similar problem. By launching konqueror is a shell as another user I see
that library libcrypto.so is missing. Library libssl.so is found at
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so but libcrypto.so which lives at the same place
isn't found. I linked every libs in /usr/local/ssl/lib in /usr/local/lib, ran
crle -u and it works now.

Hope this helps.
--
Philippe BOURDEU d'AGUERRE