List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] dcopserver statup problem
From:       Torsten Kasch <tk () Genetik ! Uni-Bielefeld ! DE>
Date:       2001-09-24 16:11:15

Hi Nick,

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 09:53:39AM +0100, Nick Thompson wrote:
> Torsten,
>
> My current work around is to have a script with the same lines as you suggested
> in /etc/rc2.d/S06tmp_ice, which is run at boot, right after S05RMTEMPFILES. This

Well, there are usually many ways to do things... ;-) Ok, yours is a little
bit nicer since you don't have to touch existing (probably vendor-supplied)
init.d scripts. I chose the xdm script itself just because it's a self-made
script anyway (for our local xdm which has to execute the users' shell-rc
before firing up the Xsession).

> way the directory is owned by root, preventing the dcop warning about root
> ownership, and since every one now has permission to write, multiple uses can log
> in at the same time. Its a bit ugly though.

Yes definately. The best solution would be to find out which call exactly
re-sets the permissions and fix that. Unfortunately I'm currently a bit
short of time to dig thru the X11 sources myself...

cheers,
	Torsten

--
   Torsten Kasch                               tk@Genetik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE