List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] 2.2.1 Source
From:       Keith Refson <Keith.Refson () earth ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-09-12 8:55:57

Thomas Bennett writes:
 > I do not believe they have been publicly released yet, only to
 > packagers.

But it's very straightforward to update from 2.2 using cvs.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 19:40, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi!
>
>  Do you know where can I find the 2.2.1 tarballs? I wish to download and
> compile it, in order to see if there are some new compilation issues with
> this release, so I can update the solariscompile.txt in time.

I found no additional compile issues.  Unfortunately the one problem I
did find is a biggie.  Konqueror crashes with a bus error immediately
after rendering any HTML page.  (It would be useful for others to test
this as well and verify or refute this behaviour I observed.)

Unfortunately konqueror seems to be getting worse on Solaris with
every release.  2.1.2 worked pretty well most of the time.  2.2 gave
significant problems with some sites which previously worked, and
2.2.1 has this complete showstopper!

Keith Refson
--
Dr Keith Refson,        "Paradigm is a word too often used by those who would
Dept of Earth Sciences      like to have a new idea but cannot think of one."