List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] Other Kde 2.2 user questions
From:       Thomas Bennett <thomas.bennett () eds ! com>
Date:       2001-09-11 21:03:11

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 19:32, Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     well, the precompiled kde-2.2 binaries are running here quite stable,
>     consuming much less (!) memory than the 2.0.1 version. There are 3
>     remaining questions, I've checked the  faq and Gandalf's tips.
>
>     1) How do I set up a standard X-Application to embed it's window in the
>        panel?
>
>        Setting the window title to the application name in the execute tab
>        does not achieve this. What I want is to have xload running embedded
>        in the panel. I only get a button on the panel that starts xload.

To embed an app in the panel  it needs to be a kde applet.
If you right click on the area where klipper is and click on the add you will
see.

>     2) Man and Info-pages are not accessable. Konquerer says
>
>        KDE Man Viewer Error.
>        No man page matching to ls found.
>
>        when I enter #ls on Alt+F2.

For the moment you will have to convert the sgml man pages into standard
nroff pages with catman -c  if you want to access them from KDE.

Some of the developers are aware of the issue though I do not know if it is
on anyones list todo for KDE 3.

Info pages have allways worked on my system, but perhaps info was missing on
the system which created the packages?
Does info work from the command line?

>     3) Konquerer: Is there a way to select only a subset of bookmark items
> in the bookmark tool bar (like the netscape "Toolbar Topics" entry in the
> bookmarks file)?

When you edit the bookmarks there is a folder called toolbar.
You  drag and drop whatever you require in the toolbar into it.

I dont use the bookmark menu directly so much as I use the "extended sidebar"
from the window menu.
It has plugins for history,home,bookmarks etc.

>     Thanks for hints -- Peter

Regards
Thomas