List:       kde-sdk-devel
Subject:    kdesdk/cmake: in which git repo should utils for cmake end up?
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-06-01 16:47:34

Hi Alex and list,

KDESDK is currently prepared for the svn2git migration. I only now discovered
that the cmake/ directory in KDESDK does not only contain the usual modules as
used by the buildsystem of the module, but also some utilities for working
with cmake. From the kdesdk/cmake/README:

--- 8< ---
scripts/: helper scripts for working with cmake
samples/: here you can find samples for using cmake for building KDE 3 apps
nightly-support/: this is for files which are useful for running Nightly
builds of KDE (and maybe also other cmake-based projects9
--- 8< ---

nightly-support/ no longer exists, but scripts/ and samples/ still do. An own
repo for these utils surely is overkill, so there are two candidates, "kde-
dev-utils" and "kde-sdk-scripts", cmp.
	http://community.kde.org/KDESDK/Git_Migration#Development_utils

I would vote for moving
	kdesdk/cmake/{scripts,samples,README}
	kdesdk/scripts/cmake-utils (better name?
                               just cmake might result in same problem)
so this stuff will end up in the repo "kde-sdk-scripts", in the directory
cmake-utils/.

Okay? Other opinions?

I have not yet looked inside these files. Perhaps they are already outdated
and should instead be moved to tags/unmaintained? Alex or anyone, could you
please check what the state is?

Cheers
Friedrich