List:       kde-sdk-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-scm-interest] Migration of KDESDK to git
From:       Sebastian_Dörner <sebastian () sebastian-doerner ! de>
Date:       2012-05-28 23:10:01

-kde-scm-interest

Dear fellow kde-sdk-devs,

I've had a look at the rules and they do not go into many specifics of
kdesdk, they are mostly stubs. They do take into account the move from
/trunk to /trunk/KDE, but that is basically all.

That means that we should get as many people as possible to
rule-writing. To track progress, I added a table to the wiki:
http://community.kde.org/KDESDK/Git_Migration#Migration_Rules

How much work you have to do depends on how many moves and renames
there are in your application. I didn't find an automated way to find
branches besides the standard ones yet, so the rule-writing partly
depends on your knowledge of your application history.

If you do not want to write rules for your application, you should
find someone who does it for you. Once I'm finished with the
dolphin-plugins, I can help with other parts, but would need some
insider-knowledge about special branches.

Please also fill in some of the question marks on the wiki page, and
make your cmake build independent of kdesdk/CMakeLists.txt. I think
this can be done concurrently to rule writing.

Cheers,
Seb