El divendres, 22 de mar=C3=A7 del 2024, a les 0:37:00 (CEST), Julius K=C3= =BCnzel va=20 escriure: > Hi! >=20 > (This mail goes to multiple lists, please reply to kde-devel) >=20 > With Flathub beeing more strict on its AppStream metadata guidlines [1] > there is yet another spotlight on AppStream metadata. >=20 > AppStream metadata are consumed by app stores like Flathub, Snapcraft, > Discover, our scripts to submit apps to the Microsoft Store and last but > not least by apps.kde.org [2]. >=20 > For release info in particular the quality guidelines say: "Make sure all > your releases have release notes, even minor ones." [3] As I think this > makes perfectly sense, I like to propose two things that seem straight > forward to me: >=20 > - We should not remove older releases from the AppStream data as already > suggested by Carl in a merge request [4]. I'd go for=20 https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/release-tools/-/merge_requests/48/diffs instead. Cheers, Albert >=20 > - Also it would be convenient to add noteworthy changes to the metadata > together with the related code change. However at the moment for KDE Gear > the release is usually only added to the metadata a few days before > tagging. Would it be possible to add the next minor release to the release > branch right after the current one has been released and the next major > release to master ones the upcoming version has been branched? >=20 > I belive this makes it easier for developers to contribute to the release > meta info and I hope it hence raises motivation to do so. >=20 > I am happy to hear your opionions, thoughts and concerns! >=20 > Cheers, > Julius >=20 > [1] https://docs.flathub.org/docs/for-app-authors/metainfo-guidelines > [2] https://apps.kde.org/ > [3] > https://docs.flathub.org/docs/for-app-authors/metainfo-guidelines/quality= =2Dg > uidelines/#release-notes [4] > https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/appstream-metainfo-release-update/-/merge= _r > equests/6 >=20 > Julius K=C3=BCnzel > Volunteer KDE Developer, mainly hacking Kdenlive > KDE GitLab: www.invent.kde.org/jlskuz https://invent.kde.org/jlskuz > Matrix: @jlskuz:kde.org https://go.kde.org/matrix/#/@jlskuz:kde.org