List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: The KIPI fate
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2022-04-17 10:46:38

El divendres, 15 d'abril de 2022, a les 13:42:43 (CEST), Harald Sitter va escriure:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 12:22 PM Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:
> > * "severly lacks UI polish" *SO WHAT*
>
> I like to think the quality of our products matter.

Of course quality matters, and one very important part of quality is "can this \
software do what i need it to do?"

> If something looks
> unpolished it reflects badly on us and the product. That in particular
> also applies when we have 300 exporters but the one the user wanted to
> use isn't working. One bad apple spoils the bunch, as it were.

What about the exporter you have been using for decades being removed just because \
another totally unrelated exporter didn't work?

Software removing features that work and you use without any replacement given would \
be really a deal-breaker for me.

Cheers,
  Albert