List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    ECM tests not run by CI (Re: KDE Frameworks 5.55.0)
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-02-09 12:48:59

On samedi 9 février 2019 11:25:20 CET Rik Mills wrote:
> I note that the KDE CI does not seem to run the tests at all?

Indeed. I looked into it, and here's the reason why:

commit 45ff1bc4ecb18ad71ad0570f7e838d1ae7cab2e2
Author: Ben Cooksley <bcooksley@kde.org>
Date:   Wed Sep 27 22:04:05 2017 +1300

    Revoke test execution for extra-cmake-modules across all platforms.
    The tests in their current condition are incompatible with being run prior to installation, and leave \
the build directory unusable following their execution.  This means that brokeness in ECM won't be seen \
anywhere in the CI system until it is picked up the Dependency Rebuild jobs, after which point the impact \
will be KDE wide.  To ensure that the rest of Frameworks is built using the most recent version of ECM - \
and thus ensure any brokeness in ECM is detected early - we skip running tests, which allows installation \
to succeed.
    CCMAIL: kde-frameworks-devel@kde.org
    CCMAIL: release-team@kde.org

--