List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: KGet frameworks branch
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-11-12 10:37:55

El dimecres, 8 de novembre de 2017, a les 18:52:38 CET, Wolfgang Bauer va
escriure:
> Am Mittwoch, 8. November 2017, 16:54:12 schrieben Sie:
> > About merging the kf5 work branch to master that late (we've had more than
> > two years to do the porting), I'm honestly not very thrilled about it.
>
> Yes, and in those two years it has been ported and work has been done in the
> frameworks branch.

And not used by more than a handful of people, so bugs are present (as the
rest of the thread shows)

> I merely fixed problems I noticed that were still there in the port.
>
> About "this late", I wasn't aware of any deadline other than the dependency
> freeze.
>
> I can understand your concerns to some degree, but the alternative would be
> to drop it.
> So I decided to step up to (hopefully) prevent that.
>
> If you feel better, I'd agree to disable the multiseg plugin right away (and
> only enable it again when I manage to fix it).
> As I wrote, kget seems to work fine without it here, with a few more fixes I
> haven't committed yet (these are just fixes for porting bugs though, some
> of them one-liners even).
>
> > Are you subscribed to the kget bugs in Bugzilla?  Would you volunteer to
> > be?
> No, I'm not subscribed.
> But yes, I would volunteer if necessary.

I've added you to the default CC of all new kget bugs. Since as said once
people actually start using more bugs will probably appear.

Cheers,
  Albert