On Mon, Jul 3, 2017, at 05:49 PM, Luigi Toscano wrote: > On Monday, 3 July 2017 17:43:15 CEST Christian Mollekopf wrote: > > On Mon, Jul 3, 2017, at 05:15 PM, Harald Sitter wrote: > > > the phab task is marked private. > > > > > > on a general note I do not think this was ever discussed or agreed > > > upon and makes no sense (how the heck is a playground project meant to > > > evolve if it can't do bloody pre releases...). > > > > > > making production releases from playground is not advisable because > > > a) playground was not peer-reviewed through kdereview and > > > b) for reasons I do not know playground projects cannot have stable > > > translations, so you couldn't do maintenance releases afterwards > > > without jumping through hoops to retain > > > > > > even so there's plenty of stuff releasing from playground, which I'll > > > argue is their business. just at a glance I am seeing like 10 projects > > > that have production releases but live in playground. > > > > > > whoever came up with this bullshit should stop putting stones in > > > people's way and publish the tarballs. releasing tarballs is enough of > > > a chore as it is. > > > > Ok, thanks for your input. I fully agree that it should be possible to > > make releases, > > but not production releases, and that's what I'm trying to do. > > > > I added you as a subscriber to the ticket, so you should be able to see > > it now I think. > > For the record and after checking the ticket: > - an exception was offered anyway since the beginning, so there were no > blocker for the release > - the never abolished process does not say that you can't release from > playground. It says (more or less) that you should not consistently > release > from playground. > > https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle#Stage_2:_Stable > > and this is in line with the "no i18n stable branches for playground", > because > when you start thinking about stable releases, you are not experimenting > anymore. Alright, that clarifies it for me. I will continue releasing from playground until we're going for production ready, and at that point I will go through review to extragear. Thanks for the clarificiation. Cheers, Christian