List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: kde-baseapps split up
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2016-11-07 8:01:58

On lundi 7 novembre 2016 00:50:10 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I mean it's still an app people can use form the command line, but ok.

Yes, but for command line usage you can use `passwd` instead :-)

When did anyone ever use kdepasswd directly?

Changing one's password is a rather rare activity, which is already covered
for GUI users by user-manager, and for command-line users by `passwd`.
I don't see a valid enough use case for "running a GUI tool from the command
line to change one's passwd" for the maintenance of kdepasswd to be worth it.

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
Working on KDE Frameworks 5