List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: kopete and kdepimlibs in apps 15.08
From:       Daniel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Vr=E1til?= <dvratil () redhat ! com>
Date:       2015-08-18 9:41:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:53:44 AM CEST Harald Sitter wrote:
> Hellos,
>
> So, I just noticed that kopete has:
> > CMakeLists.txt:find_package(KdepimLibs REQUIRED)
>
> we do however not have a kdepimlibs (qt4) in Applications 15.08 so
> that requirement cannot really be met anymore.
>
> What's worse: kdepimlibs (qt4) in fact has file overlap with
> kdepimlibs (qt5); namely at least:
> - usr/share/mime/packages/x-vnd.akonadi.socialfeeditem.xml
> - usr/share/mime/packages/kdepimlibs-mime.xml
> so they are not co-installable without tweaking by every distro first.

kdepimlibs-mime.xml could be renamed to x-vnd.kde.contactgroup.xml in KF5,
because that's what it contains. For the socialutil we could have x-
vnd.akonadi5.socialfeeditem.xml in KF5 version... I'll fix that ASAP.

However that's not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is that you can \
 only compile kdepimlibs4 against Akonadi <= 1.13, which is not \
co-installable  with the version of Akonadi required by kdepimlibs5. The \
one thing that  kdepimlibs4 needs from Akonadi is \
libakonadiprotocolinternals.so (that's what  kdepimlibs4 link against). If \
Kopete does not need to actually access KDE PIM  data stored in Akonadi, \
then the Akonadi(qt4) server or any other binary are  not needed. We can \
publish some sort of "manual" for distributions how to deal  with this, but \
I'm afraid distros will have to figure out the packaging magic  to handle \
that on their own.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil@redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, \
#akonadi Associate Software Engineer

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348                                                 \

Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348