List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    5.2 beta is out
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2015-01-14 13:15:08

Plasma 5.2 beta is out if you haven't seen the news.

I've noted in the release process to start the announcements on the day \
tars are made not on the day release is due so we can get that sorted \
earlier.

Distros, are any of you planning to pick up Plasma 5.2 for your forthcoming \
stable releases?  I know kubuntu is planning to.  Would be useful to know \
for publicity.

It'll compile with both Qt 5.3 and 5.4 but there are some fixes that
only get build if built against Qt 5.4 (and the plasma devs do a lot
more testing on Qt 5.4) so that's the recommended version.  Please
remember to recompile if you're swithing to a new Qt.

Jonathan