List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Regression of KItemWidgetDelegate in 4.12
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-12-11 21:37:15

El Dimecres, 11 de desembre de 2013, a les 21:45:42, Albert Astals Cid va =

escriure:
> El Dimecres, 11 de desembre de 2013, a les 21:06:20, Thomas L=FCbking va
> =

> escriure:
> > On Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2013 20:41:28 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > I am hoping that Andras would let us just revert his changes
> > > since reading the
> > > commit logs seems like they are only optimizations that ended
> > > up wrong (i.e. i hope he wasn't really doing any bugfix).
> > =

> > Depends on how fast Andras can fix this anyway.
> > =

> > The introduced 50ms "initializeTimer" was originally not set singleShot=
()
> > but fixed so with commit 5fedc5ee921f87f320b5465edd80f74cabcfefcf only.
> > (likely bug #327190)
> > =

> > Therefore I guess the initial constantly fired timer shadowed the now
> > present issues what basically means the actual changes have (unintended=
ly)
> > never been really tested.
> > =

> > Patches strongly look like optimization (i guess: "this prevents an ugly
> > recursion" would have been commented somewhere....) to me as well, so i=
'd
> > relax, remove them for 4.12.0, this way get Andras enough time to inspe=
ct
> > the patches and the *actual* behavior and re-add the correct patch for
> > 4.12.1.
> > =

> > (Unless Andras already *has* a fixing patch, of course ;-)
> =

> Hmmmmmmm, ok, my suggestion, let's do both what Martin and Thomas suggest=
s,
> let's revert Andras patches and tag/release a RC2 today/tomorrow and delay
> the 4.12.0 release a bit more than a week and release on the 30th.
> =

> This way Andras has a week and a bit to re-fix their commits if it is rea=
lly
> to have them.

Actually i've changed my mind, too much people has already upped the versio=
n =

numbers and done preparations, so i've just reverted the commits from Andra=
s =

and will tag 4.12.0 with that.

If Andras appears and says his commits fix some other case, he has a week s=
o =

he can provide a patch that fixes whatever these patches were fixing withou=
t =

breaking the rest of the code using KItemWidgetDelegate.

Cheers,
  Albert