List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Recommended Dependency Change for kdepimlibs 4.11
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-05-27 21:23:56

Howdy,

libical 1.0 is out now and KDEPIM is recommending distros upgrade to this version for 4.11.

libical 1.0 has a few bug fixes over the last version which is pretty old by now.
(the last release was libical 0.48 in Dec 2011)

We are not *requiring* this new version.  We are only recommending it.

BTW: libical 1.0 has two buildsystems: CMake and autotools.
Do not use the autotools buildsystem!  Only use the CMake buildsystem.
The autotool buildsystem is unmaintained and broken.  I am working
to have the autofoo buildsystem removed entirely for future releases.

Regards,
Allen