List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Release Strategy Proposal
From:       Sebastian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-05-07 23:33:55

Hi Frank,

On Friday, April 26, 2013 17:16:06 Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> 2013/4/26 Sebastian K=FCgler:
> >> =

> >> What exactly is part of this proposal then? Is it
> >> =

> >> (a) All modules which are released as part of the "KDE SC 4.11", or
> >> (b) only kdelibs, kde-runtime (and kde-workspace)?
> >> =

> >> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but apparently, I'm still not
> >> familiar enough with the SC/Platform/Workspace/... terminology
> > =

> > Good question: The initial thinking is kdelibs, kde-runtime,
> > kde-workspace. I think it's too early for kde-baseapps to jump on this
> > bandwagon, but you might have a different opinion on this -- or not. :)
> > That's what I'd like to find out here. :)
> =

> Thanks for the clarification!
> =

> I agree that it might be too early to feature-freeze and string-freeze
> kde-baseapps and some other modules now.

How do you feel about extending Dolphin 4.11 support to two years?

That's the second part of the proposal, I think we mainly concentrated on w=
hat =

to freeze so far, and freeze and extended support are orthogonal. Looking a=
t =

our downstreams probably holds "the more modules we can ship with extended =

upstream support in 4.11, the better". On the other hand additional branche=
s =

are more work.

Feedback from other module maintainers is most welcome, of course.

Cheers,
-- =

sebas