List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Release Strategy Proposal
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-04-29 9:45:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday, April 28, 2013 18:46:57 Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> On Saturday 27 April 2013 10:11:59 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Saturday, April 27, 2013 01:40:13 Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> > > We could apply the same argument we can use for applications to most of
> > > kde-workspace and kde-runtime, their port to Qt5 will be mostly execute
> > > script and use KDE4support.
> >
> > firstly, this is not about kde-runtime (at least not for me). that is a
> > shared module and while we will cease feature work in the plasma/
> > subdirectory, but the rest can continue on as-is afaic.
>
> First then we have to decide what we are going to freeze, it is only kde-
> workspace I take?

Yes, only kde-workspace.

The rest of your email really belongs on plasma-devel, not here, as it has to
do with technical code development of things in kde-workspace.

As for why we need to do things in the way being suggested, instead of a 4.12
or splitting kde-workspace into a dozen pieces right now and porting those, I
will ping you online later for those topics. Have a calendar ready :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo