List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Feature Freeze and Review Board
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-10-19 17:35:30

El Divendres, 19 d'octubre de 2012, a les 10:47:30, Martin Gr=E4=DFlin va =

escriure:
> Hi all,
> =

> I was wondering about the relation of feature freeze and Review Board.
> Right now we have quite some open review request for e.g. KWin or also
> Plasma. To me everything what is currently open as a review request is a
> "planned" feature.
> =

> Now given our feature freeze policy none of these requests may be
> merged after the soft freeze if they are not also listed in the planned
> feature wiki page.
> =

> This means I have now to tell everyone to edit the wiki if they want to
> get the feature in. I consider editing MediaWiki tables as a PITA and I
> consider manual work for something which already is in a computer system
> as quite stupid and I think the time is better spent on the code then on
> editing the Wiki document.
> =

> Therefore I would like to request the following change in our release
> schedule:
> "Trunk is frozen for feature commits that are not listed in the planned
> feature document."
> "Trunk is frozen for feature commits that are not listed in the planned
> feature document or opened as a review request prior to the feature
> freeze."
> =

> Opinions?

It makes sense *but* having the wiki up to date with all the features is go=
od =

not only for the feature freeze scenario, it also helps promo, QA, and othe=
r =

people to know what is new and what has to be talked about, tested, etc. =

So personally i'd like that you guys still add the stuff to the feature pla=
n.

> =

> And when we are at it: could we change "trunk" to whatever is better
> fitting?

Can we just be smart people and accept that "trunk" is just a word and that =

the rest of the people is smart enough too and understand that for git it =

means "master"?

Because what other word are you suggesting instead of "trunk"?

Cheers,
  Albert