List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    KDE Announcement pages.
From:       Roger Pixley <skreech2 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-03 23:47:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

The 3 detailed pages for the KDE 4.9 announcement for the platform, applications and workspace \
(http://kde.org/announcements/4.9/platform.php, http://kde.org/announcements/4.9/applications.php, \
http://kde.org/announcements/4.9/plasma.php) have a section talking about Packages. The line "Some of \
these binary packages are available for free download from KDE's http://download.kde.org"  The link to \
http://downoad.kde.org links to http://download.kde.org/binarydownload.html?url=/stable/4.9.0/ which \
404s. This basic link and line has been in all the announcements back to KDE 4.5 so it seems that it's a \
copy and paste error. However in discussions download.kde.org doesn't host any binaries at all so I was \
just asking where the link came from and if it was intended to point to another page such as \
http://kde.org/info/4.9.0.php . Roger Pixley