List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    [RFC] Bugzilla "Feature" Severity
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-07-12 23:15:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Howdy,

Wondering if we should add a new bugzilla severity type called "Feature".

This is something a product owner can add to a bugzilla issue.  Users should not be \
able to set this. When users request new features -- we call those "wishes".  This \
new type will be for features that the development teams plan to implement according \
to milestones.

The idea is we could  query on this severity type when auto-generating feature plans.

A small technicality: we need to be able to close (or monitor) bugzilla for new \
features of the current milestone at the appropriate freeze time. i.e at the 4.10 \
soft freeze we can't permit any new 4.10 features being added to bugzilla.  No sure \
how we can enforce this.

We would do away with the wiki-based feature plans currently on techbase: replacing \
with a bugzilla query.

For example, the query for all wishes planned for 4.10 are:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=wishlist&target_milestone=4.10

but I am proposing:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=feature&target_milestone=4.10

Comments?

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]