List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Apologies for breaking the freeze and a suggestion
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <agateau () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-07-10 16:32:04

Hi,

This morning I worked on two bug fixes for Gwenview which I pushed to the =

KDE/4.9 branch. Only later in the afternoon did I check email and realized =
I =

should not have pushed those changes as we were freezing for RC2. I want to =

apologize for that.

Since a "git push" is a bit too easy to do, I was wondering whether it woul=
d =

be possible to have a git hook which would disallow pushing in freeze mode. =

The hook could be designed to only allow commits if they have a =

"APPROVED_BY_RELEASE_TEAM" keyword in the commit message.

This would prevent clueless people like me from pushing when they should no=
t. =

Do you think this is doable?

Aur=E9lien