List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Proposed adjustments to our release cycles
From:       Torgny Nyblom <nyblom () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-06-19 14:31:37

On Tuesday 19 June 2012 14.51.03 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On 06/18/2012 07:47 PM, Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> > On Monday 18 June 2012 19.08.33 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >> El Dilluns, 18 de juny de 2012, a les 06:36:33, Martin Gr=E4=DFlin va =
escriure:

> >> This is cool, i totally support that, just don't see it there, do we h=
ave any
> >> volunteer for the work?
> > I'm working on it :)
> >
> > websites/build-kde-org development branch
> >
> > Here are the scripts that are supposed to be used for the new Jenkins
> > install that is cooking.
> > Together with either the traditional packaging scripts or the new that
> > Allen has been working on the plan is to allow packaging to be done
> > automatically and periodically. Ideally each package will then be the
> > base of a build + test run.
> >
> > /Regards
> > Torgny
> There are several problems that were identified at the last releases =

> (4.9 Betas and 4.8.4) and some can be addressed by Jenkins.
> What we would need among other things:
> - continuous build of stable KDE (was 4.8 branch) against the lowest Qt =

> required and against all released dependencies (Soprano in particular =

> but all the others as well) - a list of these should be available so =

> people can check versions and even tarballs locations

Should be a question of hardware once the new setup is done.

> After the 4.8.4 problems I looked at Jenkins and found the kdelibs 4.8 =

> built failed for several days (weeks even).
> - how are problems reported from Jenkins? to whom? (build problems, =

> tests failing problems,...)

All jobs (a job is one build + test) are reported to #kde-builds.
For the rest it differs from job to job.
For kdepim* a mail is sent to kdepim-builds for all broken builds and all c=
hanges in status.
Some jobs have the same setup but different mail lists and some have none.
 =

> - generating tarballs directly from Jenkins: from what you wrote I =

> gather this is Allen's task, is there any ETA on this?

Allen is working on scripts that can be used for packaging KDE, I'm plannin=
g on taking these scripts and integrating them into Jenkins. As for ETA, no=
 I do not have any.

> - questions I am asking myself about Jenkins: what archs are supported? =

> what gcc versions? when will all modules be integrated? are there some =

> talks of BoKs at Akademy about this?

Right now only Linux x86_64 is supported but Windows and Linux i386 is on t=
he radar.
For gcc it's what is included in Debian testing as that is what the build s=
lave is running.
For the scope it's a question of when I get the time to finish the new setu=
p and the available capacity Jenkins can use.

To my knowledge the will be no BoKs at Akadamy.

> =

> There is a lot to do and 1 person + Allen are not enough in my opinion. =

> A CI system team should be in relation with the QA Team and the Release =

> Team.

For the Release Team I think we (I) am via Allen. =

> Do you have a road map?a list of tasks?

I have a start here: http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/Jenkins
Not much but it's a start.

/Regards