On 06/18/2012 07:47 PM, Torgny Nyblom wrote: > On Monday 18 June 2012 19.08.33 Albert Astals Cid wrote: >> El Dilluns, 18 de juny de 2012, a les 06:36:33, Martin Gr=E4=DFlin va es= criure: >>> On Monday 18 June 2012 00:26:13 Albert Astals Cid wrote: >>>> My concerns: >>>> * Need more people to do the tarball packaging/releasing (since if y= ou >>>> >>>> propose to release that often you can't expect the same person to be d= oing >>>> packages almost weekly or byweekly given the release dates won't proba= bly >>>> align) >>> I would say we need proper Jenkins support for that. It must be as simp= le as >>> clicking one button to have the tarball fall out of the CI system and >>> already know whether it compiles or not. >> This is cool, i totally support that, just don't see it there, do we hav= e any >> volunteer for the work? > I'm working on it :) > > websites/build-kde-org development branch > > Here are the scripts that are supposed to be used for the new Jenkins > install that is cooking. > Together with either the traditional packaging scripts or the new that > Allen has been working on the plan is to allow packaging to be done > automatically and periodically. Ideally each package will then be the > base of a build + test run. > > /Regards > Torgny There are several problems that were identified at the last releases = (4.9 Betas and 4.8.4) and some can be addressed by Jenkins. What we would need among other things: - continuous build of stable KDE (was 4.8 branch) against the lowest Qt = required and against all released dependencies (Soprano in particular = but all the others as well) - a list of these should be available so = people can check versions and even tarballs locations After the 4.8.4 problems I looked at Jenkins and found the kdelibs 4.8 = built failed for several days (weeks even). - how are problems reported from Jenkins? to whom? (build problems, = tests failing problems,...) - generating tarballs directly from Jenkins: from what you wrote I = gather this is Allen's task, is there any ETA on this? - questions I am asking myself about Jenkins: what archs are supported? = what gcc versions? when will all modules be integrated? are there some = talks of BoKs at Akademy about this? There is a lot to do and 1 person + Allen are not enough in my opinion. = A CI system team should be in relation with the QA Team and the Release = Team. Do you have a road map?a list of tasks? Best regards, Anne-Marie _______________________________________________ release-team mailing list release-team@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/release-team