List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Nepomuk crashes in 4.8.4 fixed in KDE/4.8.x branch
From:       "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2012-06-16 19:53:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Donnerstag 14 Juni 2012, 01:31:18 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> Vishesh "fixed" the KDE/4.8.x branch of kdelibs. Can you guys verify it
> also fixes the issues for you?
>
> If so, what's the next step? Release an early 4.8.5? Repackage 4.8.4
> kdelibs?
>
> Ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

While I fully agree that the changes requiring the newer soprano should not
have been there in the first place, I'm now a bit confused... what is, for our
users, actually the better solution?

* Upgrade Soprano to the beta version, and stick with the original Nepomuk
4.8.4 code (since, afaik, the changes were made to address some bug?)

* Keep Soprano as is and use Vishesh's revert?

/me is confused, maybe someone knowledgeable on the code details could
comment... in the end it probably boils down to "How big are the changes in
Soprano"?

Cheers,
Andreas

--