El Dimarts, 29 de maig de 2012, a les 23:08:50, Adrian Schr=F6ter va escriu= re: > Am Dienstag, 29. Mai 2012, 22:35:23 schrieb Kevin Kofler: > > On Tuesday 29 May 2012, Scott Kitterman wrote: > > > I'm not. You've known about this since Saturday. AFAIK didn't consu= lt > > > packagers on impacts. Made a late announcement (if you were going to= do > > > this, waiting three days did't help). Then you give a very pointed > > > response to anyone who questions your decisions. > > = > > +1 > > = > > Saturday would have been in time to cancel the release. We started > > importing it on Monday. Canceling the release after the distros already > > started packaging it is a complete no go. > > = > > > Fine. You're the release dude, so decide, but there are ways to deal > > > with > > > it that are much less abrasive than this. I read your mail on Satur= day > > > and thought it meant "go package the soprano snapshot - you'll need > > > it". It never even occurred to me that the release would be canceled. > > = > > Same here (or actually I'd have hoped Albert would try to coax the Sopr= ano > > maintainers into doing a release, which would have been the proper way = out > > of this crisis). It isn't even the first time this occurred, and > > canceling the beta release wasn't ever even for dicussion in the past, > > nor did the mail on Saturday give any hint that this might possibly > > happen this time. > = > Maybe just the wording is a bit wrong. There will be always a first beta. > Even though maybe not in time, but it absolute makes no sense to release a > Beta 2 as first step ;) > = > I think the beta 1 is still waiting for a soprano release. > = > So for the future KDE should either create the official soprano releases = as > well or it should require just the latest official one before. That means > developers of kdelibs should not depend on not yet released soprano > releases ... Exactly, that's why we have a "Dependency Freeze" one whole week before the = Beta 1 release in our schedule = http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.9_Release_Schedule because we need= to = have the release based on existing releases of our dependencies. It is just not easy to enforce people to follow freezes. Cheers, Albert _______________________________________________ release-team mailing list release-team@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/release-team