List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.8.0 tarballs (try#1)
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-01-22 23:05:46

On Thursday 19 January 2012 6:14:26 PM Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 January 2012 4:56:10 PM Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Wednesday 18 January 2012 4:01:49 PM Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I didn't even smoketest them yet, but I just finished generating and uploading
> > > the first set of 4.8.0 tarballs.
> > >
> > > Please report any blocker issues or compilation issues either to kde-packager
> > > or release-team
> > >
> > There is a known problem with a combination of kdepim and a recent akonadi server
> > which breaks searching in KMail (and other apps that rely on Akonadi+Nepomuk for
> > search info)
> >
> > A fix is coming as soon as possible, but I'm not sure exactly when.
> >
> > So.. I might ask Dirk to add a commit to the kdepim tarball.
> > Or I might ask the packagers to add a commit to their distros.
> > Or... I'm not sure.  but searching is really a pretty basic requirement
> > so I'd like to make sure it works for kdepim 4.8.0
> >
> > I'll keep everyone informed.
>
> Current status report:
>  - a small patch for kdepim should be available in the next day, so I'm hoping Dirk can
>    add it to the kdepim-4.8.0 tarball

OK, almost there.
All the code is now in-place to give useful searching in kdepim.

Dirk, please add the following commits to the 4.8.0 release:
kdepim-runtime => eeff6887bf794e27c7992a78b39645d41336d68
kdepim => 9cfd09b1c1f8d7473264d13ddc5c5cfb041d2d7e
kdepimlibs => 749d79dbabb11ac0c197b3c7f672e8328ade300f

>  - a new Akonadi server will also become available, this weekend I think.

Still waiting on an Akonadi release..  I nagged Volker but so far no response from him.