List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.7.2 (try#1) uploaded
From:       Kim_Højgaard-Hansen <kimrhh () exherbo ! org>
Date:       2011-10-10 18:44:15

If you can't tag the release in Git initially because you might need
to re-roll the tarballs with fixes, then please include the commit IDs
in the announcement.

However, it seem to me that the main problem is that you are generally
not fond of doing bumps of the version after a e.g. 4.7.x release. We
often get these additional patches we need to apply also, instead of a
4.7.1.1 release.

Would it be too much work to do these updated releases? Then the tags
would always match the tarball versions

Best,

Kim