List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: RFC: Release Management Going Forward
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-06-22 13:17:26

On Tuesday 21 June 2011, Rex Dieter wrote:

> Fwiw, in fedora, we hacked the 4.6.80 kde.org tarballs and build-process
> to be as-close-to-monolithic as possible.

and do you continue to do that or would you rather see KDE providing those
monolithic tarballs?

Personally, I don't see how we can continue releasing both monolithic and
split tarballs over a longer time, mostly due to work load reasons, unless I
find a way to script this together (which I doubt..).

for KDE 4.7 RC1 I can probably try to provide two sets, but not test both of
them.

Thanks,
Dirk