List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Perl version in KDELibs
From:       Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzer () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-06-05 23:55:06

Hi,

there was a report asking for a change in kdesdk's use of Perls given/when feature.
Before 5.10 there was a rather experimental "backported" implementation in the
Switch module, which was replaced by a proper one in 5.10. The old Switch was
deprecated in 5.12 and now dropped in 5.14.

So I changed the affected script and let it require Perl 5.10.

Now I wanted to backport the change to 4.6 but I am not sure if that is OK
due to the version bump and the with it changed dependency. So I looked at
kdelibs' CMakeLists.txt and found out that it does not state a version.

Does that mean it would also be satisfied by Perl 5.4 or something?

Should we set a minimum version there?

Regards