Ian Wadham writes: > On Wednesday 18 May 2011 1:17:33 pm Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote: >> Ian Wadham writes: >> > Urk! It appears that if you declare a REQUIRED package in a subdirectory >> > it gets propagated up to the top level and, if the package is missing, >> > the whole module fails at the CMake configuration stage, i.e. bye bye KDE >> > Games. If the package is declared as optional, then compilation can fail >> > in the subdirectory and the build of KDE Games comes to a grinding halt >> > mid way. >> >> FWIW, I ended up posting a reply to this to kde-commits and >> kde-buildsystem [1]. >> >> [1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-buildsystem&m=130568651001795&w=2 >> > Thanks very much for that, Raphael. Unfortunately, my knowledge of > CMake macros and commands is rather hazy and I did not understand > everything you wrote. The beta tagging is close and I am in an odd > timezone (East coast of Australia), which makes communication difficult, > especially IRC. So maybe it would be safer for me to leave things as > I last committed them, rather than get into CMake stuff that is new to me. > > Maybe we can refine this during the beta phase? Should I write to > you personally? Or maybe we could meet on the KDE Games list? > I am sure other subdirs in KDE Games (and their authors) could benefit > from better CMake programming. Hi there, I think this can be refined after the first beta tag, yes. As for the CMake bits, the best place to discuss them is the kde-buildsystem mailing list. I'll reply to my own mail there further explaining my idea. _______________________________________________ release-team mailing list release-team@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/release-team