List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    who should I list as kde project manager
From:       Ian Monroe <ian () monroe ! nu>
Date:       2011-01-17 19:02:16

So as we agreed last month, we are moving kdelibs and kdebase to git
after 4.6.0 tagging. Is that still happening this week?

Anyways, when that happens we'll need to have a "KDE Project Manager"
(or better: multiple) for projects.kde.org. This person has the power
to delete branches, but probably more relevant then that, can set
which branches should be actively translated.

The repos I'm creating are: kdebase-apps, kdebase-runtime,
kdebase-workspace, and konsole.

Logically I think a combination of the (entire?) release team and i18n
admins should have this position, and then also Knight for Konsole.
Currently the function performed by the KDE Project Manager is done by
the i18n people, but Redmine could give us more flexibility I guess.

Its not a big deal, just something I need to have checked off before
the transition.

Thanks,
Ian