List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: 4.6 Scheduler: Request for 4.6 Beta 3
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-12-13 13:35:07

----- Original Message -----
> > > I'm waiting for objections.

I'm going to raise one :(

> > > So far we don't have any objections. If there are no objections in
> > > day or so
> > > I will offiically change the release schedule.
> >
> > Will's question is not answered yet.
> >
> > > Would the PIM team spend the extra 2 weeks on the desktop
> > > versions or
> > > on Kontact Mobile?
> >
> Yes to both.

I've read Tills mail and it is pretty clear to me. The focus for KDAB lies on the \
mobile version for the next two months. That means the desktop version will benefit \
from bugfixes in the underlying libs and akonadi, but KMail desktop will receive only \
little love. Although Till thinks KMail is ready enough to be release, I get the \
impression that it's not from several reports.

Anyhow, I think 2 weeks delay will not solve much.

> Especially, Kevin asked for more time to work on data migration issues
> which mainly affect the desktop.

Although this is a very import argument, I'm not sure two weeks is enough. And when \
the data migration might be ok, kmail itself might not be up for the end-user job \
yet.

My proposal would be to continue with the schedule as planned, the kdepim team would \
need to decide to either release it as normal, relase it but mark the kdepim/kmail \
part as 'experimental', or skip the .0.

Best,
--
Tom Albers