List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Move kdeplasma-addons to git - take 2
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-11-07 20:21:34

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
> but that will require support from the release team as the release of
> kdeplasma-addons for 4.6 would have to come from git.kde.org instead
> of
> svn.kde.org. if the release team members veto that for the 4.6
> release, then
> we will need to consider the second (or some other?) option.

For now that will end up on Dirks plate. Considering that he has not been that active \
the last months, except for the basic release work, I'm not sure this is a good idea. \
At least we should not do it until we get an explicit ok from him.

KDEPIM will switch on December 22, the day after the branch is created for the 4.6 \
cycle. I suggest for now to match their schedule so the 4.6.x will keep coming from \
svn and the 4.7 comes from git.

Matching it also has it advantages regarding notifying developers of the important \
changes and maybe the promo team can do something with that too. But that's all \
minor.

> and perhaps sysadmin could
> help us by
> making that area of svn read-only on the day the git import is
> scheduled to
> start.

That's no problem at all. Just make a note of that in the bugreport asking for the \
git repo (which should be done at least a week in advance) or ask one of us on irc.

Best,
--
Tom Albers
KDE Release Team & Sysadmin