On Monday 02 August 2010, Modestas Vainius wrote: > > Good point. we should bump it to version 6? > Yes, one of the main SONAME purposes is to manage BIC changes. > Unfortunately, libraries outside kde(pim)libs break BC all the time but > rarely ever bump SOVERSIONs (for example, kdebase-workspace libraries). > Hopefully, such a bump in libkonq would set a good example for the future. Well, most libraries outside the kde*libs space are only used within their module, thats why BC is lesser of a concern here. libkonq is an edge case, it is used in quite some other modules, on the other side, due to the anything that depends on *workspace* must require the exact version anyway, making an exception for libkonq doesn't make that much sense to me. any other opinions? Thanks, Dirk _______________________________________________ release-team mailing list release-team@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/release-team