List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: How to release an extragear app?
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-27 23:32:00

On Saturday 27 February 2010 18:51:56 Eike Hein wrote:
> On 02/27/2010 06:26 PM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Besides tagging, tarballing, branching, notifying packagers and writing
> > a dot-announcement is there anything else I need to take care of?
>
> Here's some mails about this I wrote recently:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-extra-gear&m=124927007024432&w=2
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-extra-gear&m=124928664908058&w=2
>
> The checklist has changed a bit recently, e.g. because
> the tarballs are now on download.kde.org which implies
> 6h or so of mirror syncing before being able to do the
> public announcements, and because there are new commu-
> nication channels like Facebook that the release is
> also announced on, and because of the move to git (now
> using a homecooked tool rather than create_tarball atm),
> but that's basically it.
>
> > Andreas

Please let the promo team know at least a few days beforehand when the release
will be. If you want us we can try and help you write the announcement (pls
give us a week) and maybe a feature guide (but of course a feature guide would
take more than a week, think more like a month).

We'll also help promote the release to facebook, youtube (if you have video's)
and other channels.

The dot editors also need a heads-up a few days before if you want a timely
release announcement on the dot.

Cheers,

Jos